Thursday, January 5, 2012

So we've started to do our research and in inquiry about different topics. I have to be honest and say that the students came up with some pretty amazing topics. Some of the great topics chosen by the students were Veterinary Medicine, Nanotechnology, Obstetrics, sharks, crickets, and How the Sun was Created.
The first step in our investigation was to make research folders on our laptops and then begin to collect information. It was great to bookmark websites with data, videos, photos, charts. I was amazed to see students asking for sheets of paper so they could begin taking notes and arranging details.
Along these lines we must begin the process of reading everything we have collected, and pulling out the important details. We have to start putting our ideas in order and making some sense out of everything we are reading and learning. Click on this website for some guidance in the process of coming up with questions and sorting through all of your information to answer these important insights into learning about your topic.

3 comments:

  1. Mr Frisch,
    I am excited about your tutorials and resources. What lucky students you have...they will be even more brilliant than they already are if they practice, listen to your instruction and go to your tutorials for help. I know all your students have been looking at all the wonderful activities that you have have posted on this blog so far. You have done a wonderful job and now they will even have more resources to help them!!! I know your class will get the best scores on the STARR test, better than any other class in history!!!! WOW!!!! you and your students are so amazing :) I wish I could be there to give all of you a group hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet.. i cant wait to see what my daughter came up with..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear mr.Frisch I hope your students fail exsept for that Tabitha Canizales girl if she fails I will haunt you, you butthole

    ReplyDelete